I’ve been reflecting on the previous incarnation of my blog and website. From 2012 to 2015, I had an active blog. Every week, I hosted a mystery author, asking everyone the same questions. I really enjoyed reaching out to authors and learning about their books and their writing process.
This time, I’ve decided to mix it up a bit and broaden the scope. I’ll interview indie authors writing in the following genres: mystery, thriller, suspense, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, dystopia, historical fiction, literary. I’ll include a bio, author photo, book cover photo, and links to books and social media platforms. I’ll be running these interviews every other Friday.
Some sample questions:
- Why did you decide to write this book?
- What genre does your book fall into?
- Do you consider your book character-driven or plot-driven?
- What makes your book unique?
- Do you plot ahead of time, or let the plot emerge as you write?
- How did you develop the names for your characters?
- How did you decide on the setting?
- Do you have a writing mentor?
- What’s your writing schedule? Do you have a favorite place to write?
- Anything else you’d like to add?
Are you interested? I’d love to connect!